Product handling equipment
Bucket elevator systems are a simple and reliable method of transferring bulk product from one production process to another.
Gough’s elevator systems use a continuous line of swinging pendulum buckets to transfer large volumes of product.
The systems can be arranged in many different layouts to deliver product where it is needed.
The Gough Swinglink® Bucket Elevator (GBE) has over many years proved a reliable, easy to maintain and effective solution for many types of material conveying. It was first designed and patented by Gough Engineering back in the 1970’s
As the Gough design team design the elevator specification, each solution can be unique but has advantages over other systems on the market, namely;
designed to convey bulk, dry, free flowing granular product and powders in a continuous and contained manner
- gentle handling of delicate materials is achieved to maintain product integrity, through to abrasive and course aggregates and minerals.
- a drive system positioned near the ground, rather than on the upper section for easy of access.
- the drive system can be disconnected and manually controlled for maintenance purposes.
- easy removable tray systems.
- viewing ports and removable panels on request.
- patented bucket design for delivering your material reliably.
The elevator system, can be designed by Gough in many configurations such as:
- true Z or vertical,
- incline horizontal,
- loop systems,
- stair/step configuration for up or down,
- straight horizontal.
If you need an elevator with mobile capabilities this is also possible to supply.
Any configuration can be designed to not just move material from A to B, or from one level to another, but through and around other objects/production systems. These configurations also can be developed for multiple inlet and discharge positions and even a travel/ adjustable discharge position.
Gough Swinglink® Bucket Elevator Design - tailor made to your requirements...
Flexible Swinglink® Bucket Elevator Layouts
J, Z, and C shaped bucket elevator layouts examples
Bucket elevators provide a flexible solution to the problem of transferring product from one production process to another. The modular design of the Swinglink® bucket elevator allows infinite layout possibilities. Variable length sections allow any distance of vertical or horizontal movement. Specially designed corner sections can be manufactured to allow inclined conveying at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees.
Multiple Inlet & Discharges
Multiple inlet and multiple discharge points can be incorporated into one system, joining or splitting product streams as needed.
Swinglink® Pendulum Buckets
Gough Swinglink® bucket elevators use pendulum buckets that swing freely during travel.
The product rests safely in the bottom of the buckets, ideal for handling friable products gently.
Buckets can be easily removed and replaced by hand without tools, for fast cleaning change over operations. 100 buckets can be replaced in less than 20 minutes.
Buckets are available in:
- Food Grade Polypropylene
- Metal Detectable Polymer
- Stainless or Carbon Steel
Swinglink® Elevator Chains
The chains are a patented design fitted with roller arms to carry the elevator buckets.
The chains are connected by shafts and sprockets, which synchronise the movement of the chains, keeping the buckets inline, horizontal, and parallel.
Chain material options include:
- Carbon Steel
- Zinc Plated Carbon Steel
- Grade 304L Stainless Steel
- Glass filled Nylon (for abrasive applications)
- Acetal Plastic (FDA Approved)
Heavy duty chain, suitable for conveying high-density products, and extra high (up to 70 metre) elevations.
Swinglink® Construction Materials
Gough’s bucket elevator systems are available in a range of material specifications and finishes.
Standard elevator construction uses folded side panels, joined by cross pieces to form an external chassis. Adding removable covers encloses the system where needed.
The external chassis is available manufactured from:
- Powder-coated carbon steel
- Grade 304L or 316L Stainless Steel
The removable covers that enclose the system can be supplied in:
- Powder-coated carbon steel
- Grade 304L or 316L Stainless Steel
- Clear Polycarbonate
- Stainless steel open mesh
Special open structures, made from hollow square section or tubes, have been developed for specific project requirements. Removable covers can then be fitted to all sides.
Swinglink® Motor Specification
Gough Swinglink® bucket elevators are driven by a shaft mounted motor gearbox with a torque arm.
Motor power is determined by the application requirements.
Motors are supplied with a control panel mounted inverter, which can allow variable speed and variable torque safety control.
The inverter is supplied pre-programmed with the torque setting suitable for normal operations. Should an overload condition arise, the excess torque requirement will stop the motor, protecting personnel, and minimising system damage.
ATEX rated drive systems can be supplied.
GOUGH’S SUPERB CUSTOMER HERITAGE
Gough Engineering supplies material handling and process equipment solutions to many companies and industries around the world.
System Features & Options
- Access & Inspection – Hinged and safety interlocked maintenance doors, covers and windows can be included as required.
- Extraction – Dust extraction spigots can be incorporated at the inlet and discharge points where there could be potential for pluming of powdered product when entering or leaving the buckets.
- Discharge Chutes & Transfers – Chutes at the inlet and discharge points channel product during transfer, preventing spillage and product loss. These can be custom designed and manufactured to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Connectors – Special connections, such as BFM fittings can be included as needed and matching connectors supplied.
- Automatic Chain Tensioning – The automatic chain tensioning device comprises two gas struts that apply a constant force to the tensioning shaft at the bottom of the elevator, maintaining the required chain tension and reducing the risk of failure from poor maintenance.
- Controls – Bucket elevators can be incorporated into existing control systems, or appropriate control panels can be supplied.
Installation, Commissioning & After Sales Support
Gough Engineering provide full installation and commissioning services.
All systems are fully supported by a complete range of spare parts manufactured in the UK.
Service engineers are available for annual service, and to respond to unforeseen events, to keep production lines running.
View More details on our engineering services
Gough Engineering – SwingLink® Bucket Elevator Demo
||Maximum Throughput Capacity (cubic metres per hour)
||Individual Bucket Volume (litres)