Careers at Gough Engineering
Are you looking to join a dynamic, solutions focused team?
Established in 1940, Gough Engineering has evolved into a market leader within materials handling across a wide variety of sectors worldwide. We have developed a vital portfolio of products covering all aspect of modern materials handling practices, from feeding to screening, elevating to conveying. Thanks to continuous innovation of our solutions based approach Gough have become renowned for our excellent customer service and integrity and durability of our products.
We are always looking to hear from motivated team players from the engineering sector who may be looking for their next challenge. Please see our current vacancies below to find out about any current opportunities at Gough Engineering. We look forward to hearing from you!
Design Applications & Project Engineer
We have a vacancy for a Mechanical Design Engineering position based at our offices in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
- Design Engineering Experience on AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar.
- Engineering qualification to high level preferably engineering degree or similar.
- Role to complete GA drawing layouts of plant & equipment within food, and chemical industrial processing factories.
- Machinery and equipment design and detailing up to issuance to customer, approvals + BOMS / Manufacturing drawings.
- Assisting Technical Director / production projects engineering up to delivery plus installation support.
- Developing applications with customer supporting scheme and equipment selection technical project sales.
- Relevant education qualifications.
- Relevant Industrial experience.
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection, and cleaning procedures in place.
- Company pension contributions.
- Life insurance.
- 33 days holiday (inc. 8 bank holidays).
Working hours: 36-hour week, Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable from £30k + depending on experience
All CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to be recruiting for an experienced office administrator to join our team as our Office Manager.
This is a permanent, full-time role based from our office in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will work closely with our existing team members to ensure the smooth operation of the Gough Engineering office.
- You will be the first point of contact for any customers, guests or visitors, both in person or by telephone.
- Perform general office administration and support as is required.
- Ensuring office records are kept to the highest standard, including Health and Safety administration, HR and training records and liaising with the North Staffordshire Engineering Group (NSEG).
- Managing the renewal of yearly contracts for office services.
- Keeping the Quality Assurance Manual and undertaking any necessary revisions, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed and maintaining the ISO9001 internal system.
- Management of the import and export procedures, completing the required European documentation and liaising with shipping providers to ensure smooth transportation of machinery to our customers.
- Supporting the Sales Team by raising quotations and creating customers, purchase orders and invoices in SAGE and on our CRM system when required.
- Fostering a team atmosphere within the office to ensure productivity, eliminating unnecessary disruption and escalating any problems or suggestions to the Directors, if needed.
- Reporting to directors as required, including office costs, team updates, holiday management etc.
- Working in alignment with directors to arrange recruitment, you will be responsible for interview arrangements, reference requests and follow-up, right to work checks etc.
- To support effective onboarding and induction, training and team development (liaising with relevant suppliers as required)
- Identifying any opportunities for process or system improvements and workplace efficiencies
The Successful Applicant
- You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in office administration.
- You will be a people person, always displaying a friendly yet professional manner, whether in person or on the telephone.
- You will be an excellent communicator, confident in working with and managing people from a variety of backgrounds and in an array of roles.
- You will be a confident written communicator, comfortable in writing letters and taking dictation.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, any qualifications or initiative displayed in this area would be looked upon extremely favourably.
- Familiarity with SAGE would be beneficial.
- A competitive salary is available for the successful applicant, depending on experience.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexi-time is available, choose your start time to suit you.
- 3.00pm finish on Fridays.
- Company pension.
- Death in service cover.
- Opportunities for job growth and skill development.
- Chance to be part of a friendly, close-knit team.
Working hours: 36-hour week, Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
All CV’s to be sent to email@example.com
Gough Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.
WHY JOIN GOUGH?
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands.